I picked up this kit today for $19.99 (with a $5 coupon). I love a good bargain...so let's she how the product pans out.
I'm going to blog about 100 different looks, let me know if you'd like to see anything in particular.
First off, a few notes on the case and packaging itself.
My overall experience with the kit so far is a big thumbs up:
- The kit could use a darker concealer and bronzer for deep skin tones' complexion and light skin tones' contour
- It's pretty tough to get the product out of the flimsy internal trays (which resulted in a lot of "nails in shadow" incidents)
- And I don't recommend using the sponge applicators. You're better investing in a solid set of brushes that'll last for years. I recommend Sephora brand or Sonia Kashuk @ Target for value and smashbox's holiday collection for quality and innovation.
- B+ for quality of product (especially considering price point)
- C- for packaging, I know the case makes it giftable but the lipgloss and concealer are going to dry out and a clear plastic palette would be a lot more serviceable and practical
ULTA LOOK 1 -
- Cool Eyeshadow Quad - Loved, loved,my favorite item in the look A+
- Light Concealer - nice creamy texture, very sheer coverage B
- Powder - wore off early, pic with eyes closed was 3 hrs. after application C
- Sublime Lip Pot - great color and texture B+
- Princess Lip Gloss - nice bright shimmer B
- Plum Liner - my least favorite item, very dry which caused a lot of tugging D
- Plum and Pink Blush on right hand side - great application B
Other products :
Alexander Kimsko Tinted Moisturizer
Urban Decay Lip Liner
Anastasia Brow Powder
Smashbox Halo Powder
LASplash Electric Eel