Clean is Beautiful
I love Style Network's "Clean House" show. I pretty much get behind any television that creates positive changes in people's lives. I look at it as an opportunity to make up for all the crap I've watched over the years.
Clean House if one of my favorites. Low budg and down home I'm especially fond of Niecy's tough love advice while getting to the root of the clutter. Much easier on the viewer than "Hoarders" Clean House still delivers the powerful punch of perusing alternative living arrangements.
This past week I was so excited to see Clean House set up shop in my neighborhood and went to their yard sale with Anthony on Saturday.
While I didn't find anything (sadly no full sets of Le Cresuet) I did learn a few things:
- Recycling is beautiful, you give new life to something simply by viewing it differently
- I love Ikea as much as the next gal, but antiques are definitely better made, no particle board to be found
- A house is a reflection of your mental space, organize accordingly
- An item is not a person, or even a representation of the person who gave it to you, no matter how much you love them
- Getting to know your neighbors is awesome, even when bonding over the one crazy one that every neighborhood seems to have
- As people, we just have too much stuff, let it go peeps, let it go...